Thank You Sir, May I Have Another?

4-day Weekend, that is!
4 days of whateverthehellIwant. I like. Yes, indeed.
Let me recap the deliciousness of 4 days away from the office after quite possibly the most insane week ever. Hello, new boss...


So Friday: I slept for 14 hours. I passed out somewhere around 10 PM Thursday and awoke around noon. Perfect way to start the weekend. Of course our day started with some P90x. Ouch. It doesn't really ever get easier. You just kind of get better at it. Oh the pain. My ass looks rather amazing though, so I'll keep trying.

After our workout and our recovery drinks (that is seriously what they call them on P90x and that is seriously what they are. Srsly.) and our showers, Husband and I went to roam Target for hours, with no real purpose. Everyone knows you're not supposed to do this because everyone knows you'll spend hundreds of dollars on stupid things like zebra headbands, sippy cups shaped like crabs, and Grecian-inspired, dinosaur-esque sandals. (Yes, I have purchased all of these previously mentioned idiot items at Target at some point in my life and yes I use them all.) We came home with $200 worth of crap. I think the only think we really needed was shaving cream. The other $197 was spent on awesomeness such as a 1000-piece puzzle and the game Kerplunk. Do you remember that game?! The one with the sticks and the marbles and you have to pull the sticks out and not make the marbles fall?! Ha! We stayed up until 3 AM playing that, drinking wine, and building the outside edges of the puzzle. Turns out that Husband is apparently some kind of puzzle savant and can put pieces together amazingly well and I am apparently some kind of excellent puzzle-piece-scanner and can weed through those 1000 pieces to find the edge pieces and all other seemingly necessary pieces for whatever section we’re working on. (Why the hell did we pick a puzzle consisting mostly of sky and water?) I knew we got married for a reason - we each have special puzzle building talents! I literally fell asleep with a glass of wine in one hand and a puzzle piece in the other... on the dining room table - head buried in crease of arm. I'm sure Husband was proud. It shows my enthusiasm for... er? For team building exercises (??) and for...wine. I'm enthusiastic about wine. Don't judge me.

Saturday: Started off with some tanning bed and more P90x. Let me take this moment to appreciate those tanning bed workers that actually know what they are doing. And this might be mean, but somehow I just don't find that particular profession too mind boggling so when they actually screw up it IS mind boggling. Steps for running a tanning bed:
1. Type person's name into computer
2. Collect money, if necessary
3. Pick open bed to put person in
4. Push "start"
5. Clean bed after person is done
6. Repeat

Somehow I paid for an upgrade bed, but she tried to use one of my Ultra Dollars, but you can't use Ultra Dollars on the weekend (I knew that, she didn't... how that makes sense, I do not know), so I had to pay again but somehow that money went into my Ultra Dollars pool for my account and then finally I could tan. WTF? Seriously, I have no idea what happened. I furrowed my brow and grunted at her and I think my exact words were "I don't care what you really do, I just want to tan in bed #3." I think I gave her like $6 for a bed that was $3.50 and I ended up with $3 in my account. No.fucking.idea.

After that retarded fiasco, we saw Star Trek at the Hippodrome with the Sniders. WTF? Who names it that? Are there hippos there? Meh, "IMAX" worked just fine for me, but whatever.

We then went to the soccer game (Go Charleston Battery! Wooo! Go Season Tickets too! Woooo!), which happened to be the best game of the season! We scored 2 goals, got free ice cream tickets and the rain timed itself perfectly as the only downpour occurred during half-time. There was even a punch thrown on the field! First red card of the season - to those butthead NY Rhinos ::shaking fist:: Way entertaining. We went home and drank some more, played some more Kerplunk and played Last Word too and then played Mario Party. We had a Snider sleep over. Hoooray!

Sunday: We didn’t move. We didn’t bathe. We ate an entire dish of homemade mac & cheese and watched about 5 movies, one of which was Changeling and it was very very good. I recommend it for sure! We also did not drink for fear of killing our livers.

Monday: A spur of the moment invitation was given to us by Adrian & Julianne for some grillin’ & margaritas and... wait for it... SING STAR! Erin and Ryan (Jules’ sister, remember the pretty red head?) were there too. We drank and played Sing Star (do you really play Sing Star? We sang Sing Star??) and then a break out dance party happened in the kitchen and then we all decided that we should go home and go to bed.

You know you've had a good weekend when you have a break out dance party in the kitchen on a Monday night around 11:00 PM.

I like this Memorial Day/Weekend business. More please.

1 Response to "Thank You Sir, May I Have Another?"

  1. The Belle Says:

    I want that game. You got it from Target? omg, I'm so getting it for Cola game night. squueeeee!! Also, I must agree with the whole, extra day in a weekend idea. I felt so in order for my week and was so rested. Le sigh. When's the next one.