I'm a Wife

I know it's been entirely too long since I actually wrote a blog, but life was kinda nuts for a while with all of the wedding planning, honeymooning and thank you note writing. The wedding really was amazing. And we had a freaking blast at our reception, even if the DJ screwed up "Cononie" and didn't play "Take me home tonight" when we walked into the room. Jackass.

It has been so exciting to hear from our friends and family about how much fun they had and how beautiful the day turned out to be. Having the dessert hour on Friday night after the rehearsal was awesome too because all of our family members got to come together to meet each other – which made everyone more comfortable on Saturday. Oh it was so perfect.

It's way fun to be married to Dave. I have to admit, I don't feel any different. I like that though. And I didn't expect anything to be different since we were already living together. Oh I know, we're such sinners. Pretty much the only things that changed were my last name and the number of rings/diamonds involved. And Dave calls me "wife" instead of "fiance." I win.

I heard that women often end up with post-wedding depression. What the hell. I was pretty relieved to not be planning any more. It got old calling vendors everyday making sure that things were right. And it was difficult because I wasn't one of those girls that planned everything out since I was 4 so I didn't really have some grand vision for how it should be. All I knew was that it needed to be fun and everyone should feel welcome and comfortable. We succeeded – that's exactly what happened.

I guess I'm a little more bored now that I'm not planning. But I'm also less stressed and less spastic. Not depressed though. No way.

I feel like Dave and I can finally enjoy each other. We were constantly back and forth to Greenville so we never had time to just hang out with each other in our new home. And that sucked. It's nice to not have plans on the weekends, and good lord it's wonderful to not drive 400 miles every 7 days.

We've both heard such negative things about marriage (side note: more people have said nice things than mean things, but it's still dumb)– I'm apparently going to morph into some monster bitch that will never want sex again and Dave's going to get fat, mean and boring. What the hell people? Can't you just say "congratulations" and leave us alone? Jesus. Needless to say, I've yet to turn into a psycho and Dave's still pretty fucking hot. I mean, we've lived together for about a year and a half – don't you think we would have noticed by now if the other one was suddenly a completely different person?

Regardless, I really enjoy being a Mrs. And especially a Mrs. Kuhlman. But don't even ask me about babies. I'll be sure to let you know when I start thinking they are less disgusting.

0 Response to "I'm a Wife"